A Financial Analyst I performs, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Reviews accounting practices to ensure compliance with other Federal law and regulations (e.g., Single Audit Act), Generally Accepted Government Accounting Practices (GAAP), relevant Office Management and Budget(OMB) circulars, etc.
- Use independent judgment and discretion to identify corrective actions for improper or illegal expenditures and accounting funds, based on generally accepted Government accounting practices.
- Reviews and analyzes annual financial statements to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, program policies and procedures.
- Creates and prepares draft budget request for office operations.
A Financial Analyst I must meet the following qualifications:
- Four year undergraduate degree in business administration or a related field
- Requires proficiency in using spreadsheet and word processing software and general knowledge of financial statements
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.