Email: Privacy Office
(EFFECTIVE DATE 6/19/2020)
FSA Federal respects your privacy and treats the information you provide us, including your Personal Information, with care. This Privacy Statement applies to how FSA collects and uses Personal Information from visitors to www.fsafederal.com (our “Site”) or in the course of our business (our “Services”). It explains how we collect, use, and disclose information collected from you and the rights and choices available to you.
Personal and Other Information
Through your interaction and use of our Site or Services, FSA Federal may collect “Personal Information”, which is information that identifies or relates to an individual. As examples, Personal Information may include your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, emergency contact details, company affiliation, and associated interests.
FSA may also collect “Other Information” through your interaction with and use of the Site. As examples, Other Information may include browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information, and statistical or aggregated data.
Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users in a particular zip code.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. In such cases, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
Information You Provide to Us
If you provide Personal Information through our Site using our online contact forms, we store the Personal Information you provide to assist us in responding to your requests.
If you apply for a job at FSA Federal, the Personal information we receive from you is used for employment consideration and other human resource purposes, such as communicating with you in writing, by telephone, or online; evaluating your application; analyzing our staffing needs and practices; or supporting other actions related to our hiring process and employee administration. We may combine your data with research tools and information from other sources. Please note that if you choose to apply for a position in FSA, the information you provide to us as part of that application process will be retained and may be used for future consideration. If you provide Personal Information through links to third party websites, you may be asked to provide additional information by these websites.
Information We Collect by Automated Tools
Cookies are small pieces of data or data files that are sent by a website to your web browser and stored on your computer. They are used to understand general traffic patterns on our Site. The Other Information stored in the cookie is used for statistical tracking and other purposes, but not for individual identification. Cookies are also used to prefill forms so that you do not need to re-enter the data, such as when you apply for a job online. We may use the aggregated data to provide feedback to our web designers, content providers, or business managers to assist them in improving our Site and services offered.
Additionally, our web servers may log Other Information such as your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. We may also record Other Information such as the address of the webpage that referred you to our Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to our Site. Additionally, we may log Other Information about your interaction with our Site, such as pages you visit.
We may also use third party web analytics to help us analyze how users engage with our Site. The Other Information collected will be disclosed to, or collected by, these third-party service providers.
How We Use Your Personal Information
In accordance with applicable laws, FSA Federal may use your Personal and Other Information for the purposes listed below:
- to send you information you requested or “opted-in” to receive
- to contact you in the event of an emergency
- to evaluate your qualifications for employment and contact you, as appropriate, for employment opportunities
- to support human resource functions including employee administration and analysis of hiring and recruitment processes
- to submit bids for proposals and contracts from governmental or private entities
- to identify, prevent, and protect against cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud, unlawful activity, claims, and other liabilities, and to maintain the safety and security of our Site, products, technology assets, and business
- to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements and standards consistent with industry practices and our policies
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business
- for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Site, products, and services
- as described to you when collecting your personal information
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
Information We Share
Although FSA Federal does not sell, rent, or loan your Personal or Other Information to any third-party, FSA may disclose Personal or Other Information for any of the purposes listed below:
- if required by law or through a legal process
- when we submit bids for proposals and contracts from governmental or private entities
- when formally requested by law enforcement authorities or other government entities
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss
- in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual espionage, cybersecurity or security events, or other fraudulent or illegal activity
- any other legal purpose
We also share your information with our service providers in accordance with written contracts requiring our service providers to keep the information confidential.
We also may transfer Personal Information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business and assets.
Online Recruiting Information
We may collect online recruiting information from individuals who visit our Site and are interested in pursuing job opportunities with FSA Federal. To this end, our Site may provide you with the opportunity to review and apply for available positions listed in an online jobs database and provide assistance to individuals needing a disability reasonable accommodation.
Privacy of Children
FSA Federal does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children under the age of 18 on the Site. We do not knowingly allow children to communicate with us or use any of our online services. If you are a parent and have become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us as provided below.
How We Protect Personal Information
While FSA Federal is committed to protecting your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot fully eliminate all security risks. FSA maintains safeguards to protect Personal Information, but no Internet system can be 100% secure.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Links to Other Websites
This Privacy Statement applies only to our Site. You should be aware that through links you may be directed to other websites that we do not control. FSA Federal has no control over the privacy notices, policies or practices of these other websites, and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites to which we link, list, rank or identify by means of a search. FSA takes no responsibility for the products, services, policies, or actions of third parties or the content of third-party websites. When you leave our Site and go to a third-party website, we encourage you to read the privacy policies and other notices posted.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your identity as well as the verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- A list of the categories of personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
To exercise your rights in this section, please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents are also entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. FSA Federal currently does not take action in response to these signals.
No Discrimination. FSA will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Consent to Data Transfer
FSA Federal is headquartered in the United States. Thus, if you proceed to use this site, your Personal Information may be transferred to or accessible by entities or individuals in the United States and processed according to the terms described in this Privacy Statement. However, if we share your personal information with an affiliate located in another country in its capacity as a potential employer, the affiliate will handle your personal information in accordance with this Statement. Any hiring or other employment-related decisions will be made by the hiring affiliate in accordance with the laws of the country where the job will be located.
If you have questions or requests, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. As part of our commitment to you, we will try to resolve any questions or concerns that you may have.