A Clerical I executes the following duties:
- Provide general clerical support
- File records (letter, memo, report, etc)
- Retrieve records (letter, memo, report, etc)
- Sort mail (for office and individual)
- Prepare mail (stuff envelope, affix postage, wrap/package bulky items)
- Answer telephone (refer call, take message, provide information)
- Operate copier
- Operate shredder
- Type routine forms
A Clerical I must meet the following qualifications:
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
- Minimum educational requirements of being fully capable of reading, writing, understanding, and speaking common English
- Attention to detail and the ability to read and follow directions is very important
- Good oral communications skills are highly desirable.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.